Goodbye, Gary


No comments


"If you weren't real, I would make you up, now."

Among the very few people in my life that deserves this line is Gary. Randy and I devastatingly bid our goodbyes when Gary finally laid his physical presence against the earth today. As with all other necrological services, it was a highly emotional event that called for a downpour of tears.

Gary made us happy. Oftentimes, he made it an overly happy moment that we wanted to sue him for making our tummies hurt. Really. I can hardly recall a dull moment when we were with him.

We lost Gary before we even knew it. We knew of his cancer and his battle to survive, but he never told us the entire truth about it--- that he was racing against death. He was first diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer barely two years ago and underwent treatment for it. He told us that only a few people knew about what was happening with him, and that he didn't want anyone else to know.

He was such a con man that he was able to convince people, who heard about his disease, that it was just a big joke he's pulling. I could only shake my head in disbelief when I learned about every little detail that came with his illness during the funeral.

Today is among the saddest days of my life. Only a few could make me laugh hard enough to bust my guts out. It will be a sadder world without him. A sadder and difficult world as I continue to wonder why he never wanted us to share in his pain.

In this world full of hurts, I sure wish there's someone else to take your place that could brighten up our days. The only thing we can do is relive the joy you've willingly shared to us. We'll miss you much, Gary.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...