Archive for 2010
I'm still down with fever and flu! I'm sorry for the lack of beauty stuff posts and for not being able to visit the blogs I love to read.
It's a few days before Christmas and I just wish these fish would take away the flu...
2. kennel cab (L)- approx. P5,000/cab
3. cat cage – approx. P 400/cage
4. Spot-On Tick & Flea treatment – approx. P200/pipette
5. Cat Food (canned) – approx. P40/can
6. Cat Food (dry/kibble) – approx. P800/8kg. bag
7. Prescription Diet Dog Food A/D (canned) – approx. P80/can
8. Vaccines or various medicine for cats and dogs – range: P100 to P600/drug or vaccine
9. Canon iPIXMA 1300 black or colored ink cartridge – approx. P900/cartridge
10. Powdered detergent soap – approx. P120/kg.
11. Energy-saving light bulbs - approx. P110/bulb
12. Virgin coconut oil – approx. P120/ 250ml. bottle
Welded wire sponsor P500
Angle bar sponsor P500
Paint sponsor P200
Labor sponsor P350
1. Welded wire – 22pcs x P500 = P11,000
2. Angle bar – 36 pcs x P500 = P18,000
3. Angle bar – 5 pcs (roof) x 5 = P 2,500
4. Paint & welding rod = P 2,000
5. Labor (max 3 weeks)
P350/day x18 days x2 pax = P 12,600
Our bank account details are on the poster and in www.paws.org. ph. Donors may also drop off donations at the PAWS Animal Rehabilitation Center (PARC) at Aurora Blvd, Katipunan Valley, Loyola Heights, QC.
Shopping for jewelry online can be a pain when the goodies arrive because you realize that the pieces are only lovely on website photos. But Julu Jewelry is different. They appear true to how they were shown on photos. Perhaps even better.
I got the best deal this year. I got some of Steph's dainty Julu Jewelry at 15%off PLUS Free Shipping. I'm so lucky! The lovely pieces were shipped last Dec 4 and they arrived in the country on the 13th. Now, how fast is that?
|Julu Jewelry Golden Bow earrings and Heart Cascade earrings|
|The Heart Cascades are pieces I'd |
recommend to my uber girly friends --- fabulous!
|Under natural light: Julu Jewelry Golden Bow earring in Deep Sea Blue, |
Heart Cascades earrings PLUS free stud earrings
|Under fluorescent lighting, Julu jewelry crystals are still FABULOSO! |
Golden bow earrings' gold-filled ear hoops are simply classy!
|Coloring, shaping and grooming the brows|
I can even improve them by putting on a little brow makeup (a browset/wax or minimal filling)
Personal Advice. I strongly encourage that you first bleach the brows a day before you head to shaping and grooming them. I've tried doing conversely, but the results weren't as nice. It's best to shape and groom the brows after lightening them if you do not want to end up with an accidentally thinner brows (bleaching makes the brows look thinner; imagine if you've groomed/shaped in an already thin fashion, the brows become far more thin if you bleach it afterwards).
|Sally Hansen Creme Hair Bleach Extra Strength ~510php ($10)|
available at Watson's, SM Beauty, Landmark Dep't Store
|Sally Hansen Creme Hair Bleach For Face, ~360php ($7)|
- smooth, no-drip formula
- mixes easily
- fast-acting yet gentle
- sweet almond scent
|How to bleach/dye the brows; Sally Hansen Creme Hair Bleach For Face|
comes with a detailed and easy-to-follow instruction leaflet
|How Sally Hansen Creme Hair Bleach works on me:|
topmost: black brows
middle: first 4 minutes of bleaching
bottom: after 2 sets of brow bleaching
Bleach For Face
Tools in the Kit
Crème, Activator, mixing plate, spatula, instruction leaflet
Crème, Activator, Pre-Conditioner, mixing cup, spatula, instruction leaflet
Yes, once crème and activator mixes well, it creates a non-drip formula
No, wait for an additional 2minutes while mixing to create a frothier mixture, if you don’t, it drips
May sting, expect a lil redness that will go off within 10 minutes
May sting, expect a lil redness that will go off within 10 minutes
Easily runs out of stock
Almost always available
Unpleasant but tolerable
Unpleasant but tolerable
Crème 1 oz/28.3g
Activator 0.25 oz/7g
Pre-Condish 1 oz/29.5mL
- Make sure to follow all instructions except the 8-minute rule.
- Tighten caps and lids to prevent product spills.
- Don't forget to do a patch test on the wrist before using the kit on the brows.
- Cover the hairs fully. Poke the brows with the spatula applicator to make sure you tuck in some cream on the base of the hairs.
|Ho, ho, ho... merry Christmas!|
I'm using the Extra Strength; like it's gonna drip on my lids!
to make it non-drip, please see chart above
UPDATE: In the not-so-recent months, the Sally Hansen Creme Bleach Kit always runs out of stock. If you get to experience this, you may opt to use the Andrea Gentle Creme Bleach.
Happy Sunday everyone!
This week, I've babbled about The 4U2 Envy Makeup Set and Lip Ice Fruity Lip Balm in Strawberry. You might want to check out my post on an inexpensive and effective product I reviewed last week, the Wish Lip and Cheek Stain.
My Other Memorable reads this week were:
|Photos taken from:|
Deathbyplatforms, The Notice, What's In My Life and Makeup Bag,
The Fashionista Commuter and Shop N' Chomp
A lovely blue Kate Spade bag by Shop N Chomp
Six Canmake blushes posted by Jennifer
Just when I thought I found the perfect lipgloss, Rae blogged about her Annabelle lipglosses *drools*
Kookie's fabulous fashion HERE and HERE
And Ana's meetup with co-bloggers just like when I met up with Crystal and Pammy
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, girls! Tomorrow's another work/school week for everyone. Best of luck with Manila traffic --- it's getting pretty jammed, ain't it? I feel the Holidays near-by...
Congratulations to # 16!
Thanks to those who joined my giveaway!
|Twas mostly me and Crystal |
|Pammy and I snacked on The French Baker's Chicken ala King|
|Crystal's "snack" LOLxxx|
|The girls knew how fascinated I was|
at the bakeshop's wall
It was a fun afternoon/evening to be with these girls! I wish to meet more bloggers soon.
There are also international bloggers whom I fancy meeting like Lisa, Steph and Jen. Perhaps, someday... it's not far from possible :)
|Avilon Zoo, San Mateo Rizal --- which animal would |
you love to take home with you?
|Avilon Zoo set-up for some set of avians|
If today were a fish, I'd throw it back
Crocs On Gluta
|Lip Ice Fruity Lip Balm in Strawberry, 3.5g, 89php |
Available @ Watson's and SM Beauty
|Lip Ice is brought to you by Rohto-Mentholatum Malaysia|
|Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, P300+, 4.25g|
Lip Ice Fruity, P89, 3.5g
|I find that I need more application with Lip Ice Fruity than Burt's Bees|
The minty feel also lasts longer with Burt's Bees
|Photo Edited from Lip Ice Facebook Page|
available Fruity flavors are: Strawberry, Lemon, Apple,
Mandarin Orange and Grape Blackcurrant
Are you still swiping on some petroleum jelly on the lips (like my little sis... haha, I know what to give her this Christmas)? Break free from it through Lip Ice products!
|Ryan Reynolds, Ewan McGregor, David Beckham and Brad Pitt|
Collated photos from HERE, HERE and HERE
|The Bugatti Veyron. Love that car. Photo Source|
|4U2 Envy Makeup Set in 01... it's no deadly sin!|
They have really stepped up this time. The 1 1/8" x 1 1/8" palm-size box contains 3 eyeshadows, a blusher, an eyeshadow applicator, a blush brush and a mirror!
|4U2 Envy Makeup Set in 01 Net wt 6g|
Also comes in 5 other shadow+blusher combos (#02-#06)
|4U2 Envy Makeup Set 01 Blusher's swatch|
|I baptize you 'Clean', 'Sin' (coz you look like UDPP Sin) and 'Tempt'|
no primer to boost the shadows' colors, only used The Body Shop's crayon concealer
During that last post on the Gemtone quad, I ranted that I may have bought an expired palette. This time, the 4U2 Envy Makeup Set's manufacturing and expiry dates are blatantly displayed on a sticker on the product's seal (hard to miss)... so that's really good. Mine will expire on 2013 (manufactured mid 2010).
There's romance in layering necklaces to fit both your outfit and your mood. But when you're running late for wherever you're headed to, the romance in mixing-and-matching pieces just stops.
Thank heavens for instantly layered necklaces.
I got my first multi-layered necklace last week from F21 when I went out with Pammy and Crystal. I bought this piece below because it's something that would go well with most of my tops. And it's affordable, too!
|Forever21 layered mix necklace|
368php @ F21Manila, $5.80 website
|Forever21 necklace: mix of pink crystal and gold chains|
|Wish Lip and Cheek tint in Magic Red|
89php @ Watson's
|Wish lip & cheek tint: A tiny amount offers a faint pink hue|
|It's clear on the tube, but red on the lips and cheeks!|
|Trying out Wish lip and cheek tint as a lip stain and blusher|
- Seal the tube TIGHTLY. Otherwise, all the stuff around your lip and cheek tint tube gets an instant flush, too! Not nice.
- Tone down cheek color if you overapplied by putting powder on top of it. This also allows a less greasy/sticky cheek.
- Hold the Wish lip and cheek tint tube upright (capped part on top) when squeezing out the product. And please don't squeeze like there's no tomorrow.
I'm carting this babe,errr, baby, below!
|Alas, the long search|
for a lace boudoir is over!
Perfect underneath jackets!
Can't get over jumpsuits? You'll lust for their collection!
Q: How long do I expect the ugly peeling to take place after getting TCA peel treatment?
A: It really depends on (1) the percentage of the peeling agent (2) your skin's sensitivity to the chemicals (thin vs thick epidermal layers) and (3) the method by which your derma applied the TCA peeling agent.
Different strokes for different folks. But on the average, the ugly peeling starts to be visible on Day 4 (my sister-in-law experiences large chunks of peeling skin as early as Day 2! See what I mean by different folks, diff'rent strokes?) and is completely gone after a week or a little over that.
Let's look at the factors affecting the length of time at which you'll start seeing the TCA peeling effect:
(1) percentage of the peeling agent. the first time I ever had TCA, I was given 40%. TCA peels are normally done at 20 to 30%. Now, does it mean that the higher the %age, the quicker it is for your peeling to commence? Yes, to some degree. We'll have to consider factor 2.
(2) your skin's sensitivity to the chemicals. The thinner your skin is (meaning, the faster it naturally exfoliates or remove the dead skin cells), the better the chemicals will seep through the skin. And so, if you have 20-30% TCA agent on your thin skin, you are most likely to peel "on-time".
(3) the method by which your derma applied the TCA peeling agent. In my experience, there is maximum peeling on Day 4 or 5 post-TCA treatment when there is no rinsing involved. Rinsing happens when the skin turns outrageously red from the solution and the derma has to subdue the chemical's effect by cooling the skin with iced water. If your derma's very familiar with your skin already, you have higher chances of getting an optimum TCA application. Another good method is to let the skin reach its frosted state when applying the solution (you may ask your derma about it). In my case, my derma patiently waits till the frosting of the skin comes up. You don't ask the derma to put a thicker amount of solution (unless you want to increase the risk of burns). You want her to go by her method until she reaches the frosted state.
Whew, that sure was long! And I haven't even discussed my timeline!
Day 1: sunburned look, may still mingle without being too conscious
Day 2: sunburned look, skin starts to become taut and a cling wrap-like thing starts to form on top of the face (but can still mingle without being too conscious)
Day 3: my skin really looks ugly. i feel like i've aged drastically. the cling-wrapped face is more obvious (start thinking about whether you want to mingle with others)
Day 4: peeling begins.
|Day 4 post-TCA peel|
|Day 4: TCA peel photo under different lighting|
Day 5: peeling on most parts of the face. peak of peeling.
Day 6: the old skin easily washes off when cleaning the face. peeling tones down and are only seen on the sides of the face (others will notice that you're still peeling). you'll appreciate the baby pink and smooth condition of your newly peeled skin against the peeling old skin.
Day 7: minimal peeling happening. okay to wear makeup (but i suggest you don't! enjoy the beauty of a baby pink skin! i actually can't stop looking at my face at this point, and sometimes on Day 6). go out and mingle! you've been living under the rock already!
Day 8: my skin is completely refreshed!
For those of you wondering if you can actually go out after getting the treatment, you actually can. But be prepared to be oily (as you are supposed to wash the face 6-8 hours after TCA peel) and for pimple marks to show up. I have posted a pic of me 4 hours post-TCA peel during the previous post, now here's a pic of my face immediately after the procedure.
|Immediately after TCA Peel @ Doc Six Foronda's clinic|
Ideal Time to Have TCA peels:
Since I have school/work on weekdays, I see my derma, Doc Six Foronda, on a Tuesday for TCA peels. I'm gonna be unpretty on Friday but I'll let them laugh at me until they see me back on the next work/school week! *evil laugh*.
I love TCA peel because it gives my skin so much benefits. I really like it more than the Diamond peel since the effects are more long-term for every TCA session.