When I first learned about the Shu Uemura S curler back in June, I went, "what for, Shu? You've got a great curler already!", and then I suddenly remembered the SOLE gripe about their iconic, classic, silver lash curler: it can pinch badly if your eyes are not wide enough. Brilliantly, the people from Shu decided to create a sidebar-free mini lash curler to cater to all eye sizes and shapes thus eliminating skin pinching and ensuring all lash strands are primped to a perfect curl.
I finally met the new curler who seemed to say, "mover over!", when I placed it alongside the original one. Weirdly enough, after toying with and trying both tools, I have to say it's hands down to the classic curler.
Huge Problem: it may not pinch but it pokes
Pros and Cons of The S Curler
- gives a rounder curl versus the classic curler
- allows you to curl the shorter inner and outer lashes
- perfect for curling falsies including the fancily wide ones
- a good tool for makeup artists because it works universally
- more compact than the original curler
- a few pesos more affordable than the original curler (P1000 vs P1095)
- practice needed; in my case, LOTS of practice needed
- not for the impatient
- white pad gets easily displaced when cleaning the tool (you can always put it back though. just be wary of permanently losing it!)