I started having fractional CO2 laser (fCO2) treatments, via Multixel, for my acne scars and in totality, I've already had four. (It's technically 5 but the 3rd one had to be redone). The very first session happened February 2012 while the last, just three weeks ago. Sadly, I haven't been a good patient to follow up according to my doctor's prescribed interval because of the discouraging downtime.
I know I shouldn't be expecting outstanding results for my ill-compliance but I'm relieved to see that there are improvements both in the scars and in my skin's overall texture.
Inefficiency IssuesThere's a claim that fractional CO2 laser is ineffective as the scars revert to its original depth a couple of months after. However, this doesn't hold true for me. I have carried over the good results to this very day.
The resurfacing of scars is naturally heightened throughout the course my skin is inflamed but I can say that after all the residual swelling has gone, the depressed areas are a lot more shallow.
- Doctors Know Best. I've had two major faults during my experience which I hope my readers would learn from: not following up within the prescribed treatment interval and asking for low-powered & less dense fractional CO2 laser settings to evade the pain & shorten the downtime. These two have cost me the unmet treatment goals I and my derma, Dr. Six Foronda, have set prior to the first laser encounter.
- Pore Problem Unaddressed. My pores still look like an orange peel perhaps because I "controlled" the treatment settings-- I wanted less obvious scabs and faster healing! If you plan to have this treatment, be a doll and let your doctor cover ALL your targetable skin concerns.
- Lookin' Better in Makeup. I find that I am able to make foundation work without slapping on a lot of product just to cover up the scars on my cheeks. I truly appreciate this the most!
- Anticipate the Cost. I have to say that this skin rehab treatment is not for the budget-conscious. Have the treatment only if you have already saved up for the recommended number of sessions. It is also wise to be ready with back-up funds in case you'll be needing an additional one or two more.
- Resurfaces the Skin. I can firmly conclude that I have improved. I can see more skin now than depressed parts which I am truly happy about.