5 Beauty Products I Hated To Let Go Of But Had To


on , , , ,

13 comments


1. Revlon Colorstay Oil-Free Foundation

The Revlon Colorstay Oil-Free foundation is pretty much difficult to let go of because of the great coverage and finish it gives my face. I love how it transforms my problem skin into a flawless canvass. It delivers well in controlling my facial oil mine sans a primer, thus, making my makeup long wearing. Revlon Colorstay Foundies are among the few brands that offer a wide selection of Filipina-friendly shades.




Sadly, it made my skin red and patchy all over after every use. I gave it several chances but it gave me the same ugly-skin-after-foundation result and so I had to let go.


2. Skinfood Aloe Sun BB Cream

I especially love BB creams since they seldom break me out. Skinfood Aloe Sun BB cream has been one of my on-the-go face makeup for more than a year because of the healthy, radiant glow my face gets from it. I was able to cut down on my AM primping time since everything I need is in the tube already: a moisturizer, foundation, blemish-buster and sunblock.


However, Purederm's 3-in-1 Magic BB cream, which is locally available and a bit cheaper than Skinfood's, came into the picture. I get the same glow and fresh-look I've loved from Skinfood Aloe without having to scour ebay for affordable tubes (Skinfood counters here have unbelievable mark-ups!). And ever since that Fake BB Cream scare, I felt safer with having to buy bb creams from the stores themselves.


3. The Bodyshop Oil-Free Foundie

If this foundation didn't cost as much, I would've made it a vanity kit staple. The Bodyshop Oil-Free foundation's performance is average and I don't mind adding a few hundred Pesos to get outstanding brands that's been reputed to perform better. 

I'm always around The Body Shop counters for their Lip and Cheek Stain, shower gels, body butters and aromatherapy essential oils. This foundation just failed to make it to that list.


4. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunblock

This is the first sunblock my skin has ever loved! I've always wanted sun protection that has a gel consistency, an impressive SPF, and something that doesn't feel heavy and oily. Minus the type of consistency, I got everything from Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunblock SPF 50! It may be in cream form, but it's a lightweight product that glides smoothly on the skin and dries up nicely on the skin in a minute.  


I have used this product for half a year now and I'm not sure how to use it all up. Ever since Hamilton sunblock SPF 80 came into my life, I never looked back. Plus, I recently discovered a tinted sunblock I that contains plant-derived placenta and collagen.


5. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

It's sad to let go of a product that served both as a moisturizer and primer to me. I am letting go because it gave me numerous and tiny bumps on the chin. I suddenly can't believe that this same product has always been responsible for keeping my skin soft, supple and wrinkle-free for almost a year!

Who knew that the girl who always woke up with calmer-looking skin because of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel would freak out one morning with countless pus-filled zits on the chin?




13 comments

  1. Anonymous
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...