Several of the girls have already tried Purederm's 3 in 1 Magic BB Cream. I've read more raves than rants. Since it's relatively cheaper than the other raved about bb creams I've tried, I thought of giving it a shot.
|Purederm 3 in 1 Magic BB Cream for oily skin, 659php at Watson's|
It looks so similar to Skin79's Waterdrop BB Cream that I reviewed before! However, it seems that there are more perks to getting Purederm's bb cream than Skin79's:
- more product for a cheaper price! (50mL vs 43mL)
- no shimmers (for those who do not fancy anything glittery, albeit skin79's shimmer isn't that bad at all)
- has SPF (and it's 30 PA+++! vs no spf at all)
- better oil control
|from L-R: Purederm box, Skin79 box, Purederm BB cream tube, Skin 79 Waterdop BB cream tube|
Purederm Magic BB Cream has a thicker consistency, too. I find it a con since I experienced difficulty in blending it into the dry areas of my combination to oily skin type.
This product covers the skin moderately. It can cover up minor skin imperfections and partially blur the presence of acne marks. The shade perfectly suits NC20-25 girls.
However, if you have an acidic NC30 skintone like mine, this will work for you, too. The trick is to reach for a setting powder you don't often use because you know it goes dark on you (I used my Joppa minerals mix for this FOTD). Top the bb cream off with this darker setting powder and experience Purederm's magic right before your very eyes!
|Purederm 3 in 1 Magic BB Cream on my NC25-30 skin|
wearing Vivigo Hyper Nudy lenses in brown
You'll notice how good it performed in perfecting my skin. It was able to soften out the irritating red zit on the side of my nose, blur the annoyingly enlarged pores and give my face a fresher, healthy glow. It's also essential to note how the acne scars on my temple were partially covered.
I cannot comment on its effectivity on blemishes and dark spots just yet.
- if you have combination to oily skin, apply moisturizer on the dry areas of the face
- best applied using the fingers
- dot pea size amount on the forehead, nose, cheeks and chin; there's this danger of over applying the product that can make the face too white
- shake well before use, as with any other bb creams since these products often emulsify
- Purederm offers another bb cream variant for dry skin (Purederm Pearl BB Cream)
- can they strike out Caution #1 at the label? BB Creams are supposed to work on pimples and blemishes after all.
|Label Nazis will mind this. I did.|
I've been sporting the haggard look these past few days and I can tell that the boyfie notices. Thanks to my pre-menstrual ugly skin and 2AM snoozes from studying and doing paperwork!
Imagine my surprise when the boyfie remarked, "you look so nice and fresh"! And that happened after I wore Purederm's 3 in 1 Magic BB cream! Now I can relate to why Pammy, Nikki (although she prefers the Pearl variant more), Donnarence, Shen and the rest of the girls are crazy about this bb cream!