Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Review


on , ,

13 comments

It wasn't until I learned how to use this cleanser properly that I came to realize its invaluable role in making my skin look better. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I used to wet my face prior to applying the Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser on my face. Have you committed the same mistake?

Happy first of November, everyone! I still can't believe how fast time flies! A few more weeks and we'll all be saying hello to the controversial 2012...

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 591mL/20floz
Mild, non-irritating, softens as it cleans!

I saw that the cleanser performed better when used properly, slathered on a non-wet face. As a makeup remover, I rinse via tissuing it off (I repeat the process 2-3x for heavy makeup); as a regular cleanser, I resort to water for rinsing.

And I saw an enormous amount of difference in my skin's texture and overall look! 

Pros: Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser is an awesome way to restore balance to the skin. It makes it more supple and healthy-looking. I love that the cleanser is clear and unscented and that the huge bottle comes with a pump. 




It also comes in different sizes to fit your budget but the 591mL bottle gives the biggest bang for the buck. Our local Mercury drugstores carry it in 250mL and 473mL bottles at 275php and 540php. I saw 60mL trial-sizes too in beauty sections of department stores and is sold at ~90php.

If you are fond of cleansing oils, check out my take on the Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing Oil in Fresh (Pink) and Kanebo Freshel Cleansing Oil. I've also done a Shu Uemura vs Kanebo Cleansing Oil Compounded Review.



The Cetaphil cleanser is my makeup remover (use generously), cleanser and my solvent for prednisone in my DIY treatment for contact dermatitis. It's definitely an inexpensive 3-in-1 product for me!

Cons: the parabens on the ingredients list is a letdown. Propyl-, Butyl- and Methyl- to be exact. Also, the 591mL size is not available locally.




I challenge you dear readers to be soap-free for a week. Work this clear cleanser onto your skin and see why people are raving about the absence of soap in a skincare routine. The Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser is definitely a product I'd recommend. You just have to make sure you're using it as directed! *wink*




13 comments

  1. Anonymous
  2. Anonymous
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...