If you're eager to try out oil cleansers but do not have the extra budget to spend for Shu Uemura or DHC cleansing oils, I will not hesitate to recommend you a bottle of Kanebo Freshel Cleansing Oil. It works at par with Shu and DHC without the prohibitive price.
|Kanebo Freshel Cleansing Oil, 180mL, 720php|
What I love about it:
- excellent cleansing ability
- inexpensive (720php) yet effective
- 2 pumps'll do the trick, A 180mL bottle can last you several months
- no break outs, been using this for the 3 months already (photo above was taken weeks after my first month of using it)
- no scent
- i attribute my decreased tendency to break out from my using this product (all cleansing oils, really)
One reviewer even noted that this cleansing oil fared better than Shu and DHC when taking off the notoriously stubborn Majolica Majorca Lash Expander. Perhaps there is truth to this claim because among all the makeup removers I've used (Shu, DHC, Pond's), this product managed to perfectly clean my face in one emulsification!
- if you're a Shu fan, Kanebo Freshel Cleansing Oil's consistency is thick
- it takes too much time to emulsify the oil, this is not for the lazy and impatient ladies
- not all Kanebo counters in SM Beauty carry the product. Got mine from SM Beauty Megamall
- lose the tiny stopper and you ruin the entire sealing system
I do not recommended this for those who want a clean face FAST before hitting the sack. Because of its thick consistency (N.B. thicker than Shu, thinner than DHC), you'll need the extra time to emulsify this properly.
- Do not skimp on the product just because it's thick. The lesser amount you use, the more difficult it is to emulsify the oil. Use a minimum of 2 pumps.
- Add water in small parts. Running water will not remove the oil and dirt. This takes genuine patience for it to give you a squeaky clean, makeup-free, unclogged skin.
- Emulsify properly via hint number 3 lest you clog your skin with oil + dirt
- I recommend washing with soap and water after properly rinsing the oil off (double cleansing).
Kanebo Freshel is the first inexpensive yet effective cleansing oil I've ever used. It may be a shame that I take a few added minutes in doing my evening skincare regimen with this cleanser (and not have the liberty to sleep the soonest when I feel beat up), but looking at a cleaner cotton pad after toning makes it worth the extra time!