I got the Acnesol Pimple Control Facial Cream primarily because of the words, "Pimple Control". I knew it had to be some spot treatment for my adult, hormonal imbalance-induced zits. It never occurred to me that I was actually getting a 44-Peso (~$1) product that works better as a day moisturizer!
|Acnesol Pimple Control Facial Cream, 1.1oz/30g, 102php (44php on sale)|
I have been using this consistently for a week now. Previously, I've been on Human Heart Nature's sunflower beauty oil OR Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. I top em with the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel to lessen the sticky afterfeel. But because the Acnesol Pimple Control Facial Cream is absorbed quicker by my skin and is non-greasy, I'm now able to cut down on my prep time by skipping the water gel.
No Pimple-Fighting Effect
My skin notoriously reacts horribly to Pond's products. I put Acnesol's name to the test by buying a 5-peso sachet of Pond's facial wash and bravely slathered the archenemy on my skin. Morning after the stupid yet noble experiment, the side of my nose hurt like there was a huge pimple waiting to explode (which progressed as a HUMONGOUS pus-filled whitehead... yeah, you get the picture).
I used Acnesol Pimple Control Face Cream for a week but it wasn't able to address the induced zit. Perhaps, since this product is devoid of the more potent pimple-fighting ingredients (i.e., salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide), it was unable to control a throbbing pimple. But it may be able to prevent future zits. I have to roadtest for a longer time.
|Acnesol Pimple Control Collection, approx 230+php|
Ingredients: deionized H2O, shea butter, squalene, potassium azeloyl diglycinate and fragrance, caprylic capric triglyceride, MDBGN/PE, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate
- shea butter - popular, highly effective moisturizer; contains beneficial vegetable fats that promote cell regeneration and circulation, making it a wonderful healer and rejuvenator for troubled or aging skin (quoted)
- squalene - (and squalane) act as lubricants on the skin surface, which gives the skin a soft, smooth appearance
- potassium azeloyl diglycinate (PAD) - helps control the secretion of oil to prevent the formation of blackheads and whiteheads; inhibits the activity of Tyrosinase, in order to help lighten the skin and facilitate the fading of spots; increases skin’s moisture to improve skin elasticity.
- caprylic capric triglyceride - (quoted) some benefits of caprylic/capric triglyceride include the fact that it is not greasy at all, and has a very light texture. It is also rapidly absorbing, and is highly skin-compatible, due to the fact that it will not aggravate sensitive skin types. It also does not leave behind visible oil remnants on the skin; ALSO, slows the loss of water from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin’s surface. It is also used to alter the thickness of liquid products
- MDBGN/PE - a cosmetic preservative that may cause allergic reactions. do a patch test!
- Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate - provides a sensation of freshness followed by a melting effect on contact with the skin; it leaves a feeling of velvety softness
Because of this new discovery, I can't help but take a peek at their other affordable skincare combos: Anti-Aging, Whitening, and Sensitive Skin lines.
|Dermatox Age Reducer Collection|
|Illuminous Skin Whitening Collection|
|Puressence Mild Skincare Collection|
These kits cost 200-300php. Separates are also available if you're plainly interested in one of the products in the collection. My eyes are on the Illuminous Collection!
I will continue using the Acnesol Pimple Control Facial Cream. No breakouts, no allergies, only better skin 'neath makeup as of now.