Product says: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ (PA+++) is a breakthrough in sun protection. Stabilized with Helioplex, it provides superior balanced broad-spectrum protection against skin-aging UVA and burning UVB rays, and combines it with Dry Touch technology for an ultra light, non-shiny finish. This lightweight sunblock has a light fresh scent and is gentle enough for even sensitive skin.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF50+, 88mL
around P500, available in groceries and beauty stores
Ultra light, clean feel; leaves skin soft and smooth; waterproof, sweatproof; non-comedogenic; oil-free and PABA-free [PABA - para-Aminobenzoic acid; an old ingredient of sunblocks which has been proven to cause skin irritation.]
What I love about it:
1. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunblock is a non-greasy product and has a fairly high SPF (and all that Helioplex stuff) which mattered a lot. Albeit the moderately thick consistency, it gets easily absorbed (under the right conditions, see Uh-oh #2) and does not leave the skin heavy at all.
|Neutrogen Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock has |
a rather thick consistency but is lightweight!
2. While it can make the skin tad whiter within the first few minutes of application, the paleness dies down in a while. You may want to dab on a slightly darker shade of powder to neutralize the whiteness, or, lessen the amount of product you slather onto your skin (you may be applying too much).
3. Sunblocks are notorious for causing a white pall on pictures (whitecast), the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunblock doesn't (throws a bunch of confetti at the tube).
1. The scent is something I could not take. The initial strong floral gimmick is something I wish the manufacturers would work on. However, I noticed that after half an hour, the scent kinda tones down into something more pleasant.
2. I had to make sure I applied the product in front of the fan or in an air-conditioned room to get that 'dry-touch' promise. If you have combination or oily skin, you'll benefit from this tip.
|Dry-Touch? Depends on your skin type!|
3. Lightweight? Well, yes, but my face felt a little heat from it, thus causing me to sweat a little. This sunblock is definitely not the type you would like to wear alone if you have combination skin + sweaty skin. I make sure I set it with my mineral powder for a better finish.
4. The tube tip can be quite a mess every after use so don't forget to wipe it off with tissue.
5. If your face hates silicones (although most girls love the smoothened-look effect that this ingredient leaves the face), you might break out from it.
|Ingredients of the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock|
no Titanium Oxide, no whitecast...that's why!
it's also not -cone-free, by the way
When looking for a face sunblock, there are two major considerations I take in: (1) it has to be non-greasy, and (2) it has to have an SPF high enough to withstand the ultra hot summer in the Philippines (SPF30 and above, please). Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch has fulfilled these two conditions and even exceeded my standards by being a lightweight product that glides smoothly on the skin.
I highly recommend this to those with dry and combination skin. Girls who oil a lot may not be too happy with the fact that this tube can be a hit or miss in keeping the face matte.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch is definitely among the sunblocks I'm glad I bought, however, with my latest 2 new sunblock discoveries, I feel that this tube can be easily outdone by other brands.